Mold remediation is process of removing molds by first cleaning up current molds and then preventing the growth of new molds while also protecting homeowners from exposure. Molds are microscopic spores that float in the air and are transmitted through windows, pets, doors or even clothing. Molds thrive on moisture and water and take 48-72 hours to grow in colonies making their removal a challenging process. These microscopic organisms can not only lead to diseases but also produce a bad odor. Home with high levels of humidity are prone to have molds hence it is important to keep humidity below 45 percent.
Tips on Mold Remediation
· Since molds thrive on moisture, the most important step is to eliminate all water and moisture sources. Molds are invisible and can be located by identifying water ways. Repairing the water problem in a premise prevents the growth of new molds.
· Assessment of an area is done before remediation to ensure safety and gauge the extent of mold infestation. HVAC cleaning should be carried out by a trained professional. You can carry out samples including air samples that gauge the level of molds indoors and outdoors. Surface samples gauge the level of molds on indoor surfaces.
· Isolate the contaminated area by closing doors and windows in that place. You can cover openings and doorways with polythene sheeting and seal using a duct tape.
· Another important strategy in mold remediation is misting contaminated areas to suppress dust.
· To ensure that all molds are removed, remove mold-damaged and wet materials in the premises. The mold contaminated materials should be discarded properly by first placing them in thick polythene bags and tying the bags closed.
· You can also clean non-porous materials as well as moldy wood surfaces using a wire brush and detergent to ensure all surfaces are clean.
· You can then vacuum all surfaces using a HEPA vacuum before cleaning them with detergent and a damp cloth. A visibility test should be done to ensure all dirt and debris is removed.
· Dry all wet materials to ensure all moisture is removed. Debris can be discarded with construction waste.
· It is important to wear protective clothing such as a face respirator or goggles to prevent molds from reaching your eyes.
Auburn Mold Remediation is the most effective way to remove molds permanently while also protecting yourself and home owners from exposure. Make an informed decision to carry out mold remediation in your home or business and eliminated all molds. Mold Remediation could not be easier.