Mold has been a thorn in the side of homeowners for centuries. It is unsightly and odorous and, when not treated, can result in lasting damage to your health.
Not too long ago, those who wished to rid their dwellings of mold had no other option but to turn to chemical concoctions, which were often times equally or more damaging than the mold itself.
However, times have changed a mold remediation has become significantly easier. There is no shortage of things you can try if you’re struggling to make your house mold and mildew free, but for job that is too big to handle alone, you should call us for professional and environmentally safe mold removal.
For some areas bleach is an obvious choice for anybody endeavoring to eliminate mold in their home. While it is undoubtedly effective and inexpensive, it can take a toll on your body if you have to use it regularly. If you have children or pets in the house, you should definitely explore other avenues of mold remediation before turning to bleach.
Tea tree oil is an unlikely though effective method of mold remediation. A natural fungicide, it is ideal for the termination of mold spores. An obvious downside of tea tree oil is that it can be quite expensive. But before you flock to something cheaper and more potent, remember that a small drop of tea tree oil will go a long way. When placed on an already wet cloth, a minuscule amount of the substance will remove large amounts of mold and prevent it from returning.
If you are looking for another natural means of mold remediation, you should try mixing a small amount of hydrogen peroxide with some water and going at it that way. I know you are probably skeptical about hydrogen peroxide, but just trust us on this one. When fused with water and sprayed on the affected area, hydrogen peroxide becomes a powerful mold repellent.
For pro mold removal, dealing with black mold, or mold in large areas, remember that mold is hazardous to your health and your lungs and you should call Biosweep to make sure that your home has been cleared of mold. A lot of spores are invisible and though you may have cleaned up black areas, the infection in the air may still be present.